Chemical Dependency Treatment at Alvarado Parkway Institute
At Alvarado Parkway Institute, we believe addiction is more than a dependency on drugs or alcohol – it’s a disease. Our chemical dependency programs are designed to help people with substance abuse problems get sober and stay sober with intensive inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, or partial hospitalization. Through working with our dedicated medical staff, patients are empowered to break the physical and behavioral cycles of addiction, establish a support system, and claim responsibility for a better quality of life.
What is Chemical Dependency?
Chemical dependency is the term used to describe an addiction to a mood- or mind-altering substance, including drugs and alcohol. A person who suffers from chemical dependency has an unhealthy relationship with a particular substance and is unable to stop drinking or taking a particular drug despite the debilitating consequences to their health, relationships, and careers. Like all chronic diseases, chemical dependency is progressive and powerful. If left untreated, the addiction can lead to serious psychological and physical issues.
Fortunately, those suffering from chemical dependency can recover and reclaim control over their lives.
Chemical Dependency Treatment Programs
At Alvarado Parkway Institute, our chemical dependency treatment programs help individuals with addictive disorders begin the recovery process through education, stabilization, relapse prevention, and support. We offer several different programs in varying levels of intensity to address the unique needs of our patients.
- Our inpatient chemical dependency program is best suited for patients suffering from severe substance abuse problems. Through detoxification and highly structured treatment, our interdisciplinary team of medical professionals helps individuals with addictive disorders stabilize and avoid relapse.
- Once a patient has stabilized and no longer requires the 24-hour care of inpatient services, they may be referred to our partial hospitalization program (PHP). In PHP, patients attend treatment during the day and return home in the evenings and on weekends. This program of care is also appropriate for patients who want to avoid hospitalization for their chemical dependency issues.
- Our outpatient chemical dependency programs provide a flexible option for patients who experience less severe symptoms of substance abuse but still need intensive treatment to break the destructive cycles of addiction. Sessions are held in the evenings on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to allow participants to meet their daily responsibilities while receiving care.
In all of our chemical dependency treatment programs, patients are provided with an individualized plan of care that addresses the unique challenges of addiction, no matter where they are in their recovery journey.
Signs of a Chemical Dependency
While no two cases of chemical dependency look the same, there are some key signs that may indicate a loved one has a substance abuse problem or addictive disorder. Symptoms include:
- Withdrawing from social activities
- Neglecting appearance and personal hygiene
- Experiencing gaps in memory
- Needing to use more alcohol or drugs to achieve desired effect
- Hiding drinking or medication/drug use
- Ongoing drug or alcohol use that interferes with work or relationships
- Taking risks, such as driving under the influence
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using drugs or alcohol
- Unsuccessful attempts at controlling/reducing alcohol or drug use
- Poor concentration
- Unsteady movements and shaky hands
- Chronic daytime sleepiness and fatigue
- Deterioration of physical appearance
- Making excuses for drinking
Drug Rehab in San Diego
Coming to terms with an addiction is no easy task. When you or your loved one is ready to seek help, give us a call. Our chemical dependency treatment program is centered on helping our patients achieve sobriety with the collaborative effort of compassionate physicians and allied health professionals. Learn more about What are Chemical Dependency Programs?
By taking an open approach to treatment, we’re able to match a tailored selection of interventions and services to a patient’s unique needs. This individualized level of care is critical for helping patients with addictive disorders develop the coping skills they need to restore a high level of functioning. In particular, our program employs the following strategies:
- On-going evaluation and assessment
- Individual and group therapy sessions
- Relapse prevention
- Re-entry planning
- Family psychotherapy
- Random drug screenings and breathalyzers
- Managing uncomfortable symptoms of withdrawal
- Stress management techniques
- Trigger identification and avoidance