Alvarado Parkway Institute Behavioral Health System
Alvarado Parkway Institute is a private behavioral health physician owned system offering inpatient and outpatient psychiatric and substance abuse services. We are dedicated to the wellness of individuals, their families and our community through prevention, intervention, and treatment in a safe and culturally sensitive environment. Our Culture of Caring is designed to provide patients and their families with quality driven psychiatric care and outstanding customer service. We understand the challenges, the stigma, and the treatment of mental illness and substance abuse disorders. We consider it an honor and a privilege to serve those who entrust us with their care.
API provides comprehensive adult inpatient behavioral health and addictive disorders services in a 66 bed hospital setting located in La Mesa, California. At Alvarado Parkway Institute, we are committed to improving the mental health and well-being of our community. Alvarado Parkway Institute is San Diego's leading provider of comprehensive mental health and substance abuse care.
API offers a variety of Outpatient Services designed to assist patients in functioning at the highest level. Alvarado Parkway Institute provides Partial Hospitalization services and Intensive Outpatient services. These programs emphasize symptom management, community integration and prevention of hospitalization or re-hospitalization. Value added services enhance the patient's treatment experience. Themed activities promote wellness and social skills building.
API encourages family support whenever possible. Patients are encouraged to include family members in the treatment process. We understand the challenges involved when a loved one is struggling with mental illness, addiction, or both. Our clinical team members look forward to providing support, education, resources, and treatment to family members.
Blogs and Resources
- Mar 21, 2016 Healthy Habits to Form When Recovering from Addiction
- Jun 10, 2016 Helping a Family Member or Friend with Drug Addiction
- Jul 26, 2016 Living With Someone Who Has Depression
- Aug 15, 2016 How Depression Affects the Body
- Sep 22, 2016 How Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Can Help Depression
- Feb 22, 2016 Coping with Traumatic Events
- May 25, 2016 Helping Your College Student with Anxiety
- May 27, 2016 Understanding Genetics and Mental Illness
- Jun 20, 2016 How College Students can Prepare for Adulthood
- Jul 7, 2016 5 Ways to Clear Your Mind of Negative Thoughts
- Sep 14, 2016 Emotional Regulation: What is it and Why is it Important?
- Apr 22, 2016 The Benefits of Inpatient Hospitalization for Therapy and Recovery
- Oct 24, 2016 Why Choose an Outpatient Treatment Program?
- Nov 1, 2016 How to Choose the Best Inpatient Rehab Center